After over ten years of professional shooting under her belt, come see how Carla has grown from a one woman show to having four associate photographers and a crew of studio managers, designers and editors on staff to keep the studio buzzing like a beehive! Carla’s work has graced the covers of Bliss Celebrations, The Connecticut Bride and Gala Weddings in addition to scads of other publications like Martha Stewart Weddings, Inside Weddings, Well Wed, Brides CT, Southern New England Weddings, Southern New England Living, Connecticut Magazine, Newport Weddings Magazine, Southern New England Weddings Destinations. She is featured regularly online on sites such as Style Me Pretty and has been an industry leader in producing editorial shoots all over the world from New Orleans to Costa Rica to Mexico. Her book The White Dress in Color, in partnership with Beth Chapman of The White Dress by the Shore and Candice Coppola of Jubilee Events, is full of inspirational eye candy for brides from her editorial shoots all over the world and will be in bookstores in the fall of 2013! She is a member of In White, a Luxury Wedding Collective of CT wedding professionals.
Carla has presented at a variety of photography conferences from Partner Con in New Orleans, The Connecticut Professional Photographer’s Association Conference, The Vermont Professional Photographer’s Association and she is part owner of the Inspire Photography Retreats in Sturbridge MA. A graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology with her BFA in photojournalism, Carla has worked at newspapers in the New England area from the Hartford Courant to the Democrat and Chronicle / Times Union in Rochester New York to the Associated Press in New York City. She is a proud member of a variety of professional photography organizations including PPA, ASMP, CTPPA. She also has a freakishly long torso, loves giving hugs and can belly laugh like Santa Claus!
Her approach to her business has always been to lead with her heart and to always stay in touch with why you are in this business in the first place! She excels at goal setting and paring down your business to what’s the most important for you, while keeping you on track and accountable!
Once you decide which length mentoring plan you would like to do Carla will send you a detailed questionnaire to see where you are at in your business and assess your short and long term business goals! Carla will then create a detailed and customized mentoring plan that is right for you and the direction you want to take your business in! You will have a mentoring session each month via Skype to check in on your progress with your assignments and goals.
Sessions can include:
- short and long term goal setting for business or personal
- overall business organization, including creating protocols appropriate for your business
- portfolio reviews
- web site critique
- camera basics
- mastering your lenses
- post production
- getting published in print and online
- personalized marketing for your business
- shooting techniques
- workflow from getting a lead to editing and delivering the finished album
- improving vendor relations
- social media
- finding and refining your style
- learn how to process your inspiration
- shooting assignments with a critique
- wedding day timeline and workflow
- six & twelve month mentoring sessions can include going on a shoot with Carla! This can be an engagement shoot, wedding, commercial shoot or editorial shoot!
- Skype! or video ichat or the good old fashioned phone! Carla can screen share with you for portfolio reviews etc. Shoots are in person. Of course!
- all sessions are during weekdays only, unless it involves a scheduled shoot with a client! We will set up a time that works for you and Carla!
- one three hour mentoring session at Carla’s Hartford CT studio or online: $750
- three month mentoring session: $1500
- six month mentoring session: $2200
- twelve month mentoring session: $3200
- Call (860-906-1993) or email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your mentoring package
- We accept personal checks, money orders or cash
- one and three month mentoring session payments are due in full when booking
- six and twelve month mentoring sessions require 50% down then we can create a customized payment structure for you!